A recent (August 9, 2011) article in The Catholic Sun goes into some detail about the addition of arms (five feet high by four feet wide, forty feet above the floor) of Bishop James M. Moynihan, Bishop Emeritus of the Syracuse Diocese, painted in the apse of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, as well as a very brief discussion of the use of ecclesiastical heraldry in general, including the earliest use of a coat of arms by a pope (Pope Innocent III, 1198-1216).
The full article can be found at http://www.thecatholicsun.com/sun-august-11-2011/newest-coat-of-arms-installed-in-cathedral
Oslo, Norway! Wandering...Day 1.5
3 days ago