Day 4 - Part 4 - The Supreme Court
1 day ago
A report to council indicates the [currently used] emblem appears to be an evolution in design from the original municipal crest — a beaver (1871-1887) and the one used for the Town of Sault Ste. Marie — a view of the locks and railway bridge (1887-1912).
The research also shows that it appears the city solicitor was asked to apply for a copyright in 1916, but the emblem was never registered.